Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Slacking Off!!!

 A lot has been going on the last few weeks. My son graduated high school, that last 2 weeks was very busy! Then, my sister came for a visit, she was suppose to be here while I had surgery, but since it was cancelled she stayed for a week. Henry was off for vacation, he kept me very busy. We did something I really love, but wore me totally out. We went to watch a SF Giants game. We stayed in a town close to San Fran, then took the BART to San Fran, then had to walk about 30 minutes to AT&T Park, walked down a ton of stairs to get to our seats (they were great seats!!!), then back up the stairs, back to the BART station (the walk seemed much longer), then back to the truck, and a 3 hour ride home. That was Thursday, Friday we spent the day shopping, the Saturday we went to Henry's family reunion, it was a very nice day, but yet again on my feet a lot and long car rides. It took me days to get over this. Then, I got the bright idea that I needed to paint the kitchen cabinets and the bathroom. If I would have known how much a little painting would give me so much pain, I wouldn't have done it. I am still painting the bathroom, but will finish tonight or in the morning.

 I realize some of you may think I am making an excuse for not working out, but with everything I did I feel like I have worked out harder than normal. However, I haven't been eating all that great lately. So, now I have a new plan. It is getting way to hot here to be working out in the early evening and I am so worn out by the end of the night. I am going to start getting up at 7:30 am and will be working out by 8 am. I think this plan will workout for me much better, because I am having problems dealing with the heat.

 Overall, I have only gained 2 lbs. I know, I am shocked too...lol It could have been much worse! Tonight I joined a support group with a lot of lovely ladies with the same goal in mind, to lose weight and get healthier. I am glad there is more people willing to support me, unlike some people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment