Friday, March 21, 2014

Such a Long Week

 I have been meaning to get on here and update but I have been sick. I started getting sick last Friday and each from there it kept getting worse. I had thought it was my allergies again, so I let it go, by Monday my throat was on fire and I couldn't make it through a full day of work, even though it was a mini one. I made an appointment and got in that same day, but with a different doc. He ran a rapid strep test and it was positive, he also said I probably had a viral infection that was going around. He looked back in my chart and noticed I had had my depo medrol shot for my allergies a few weeks ago. He told me that, that medication knocks out your immune system and no wonder I was so sick. I was surprised because I have been getting that shot for 2 years now and no doctor has ever told me that. But, it did explain why all of sudden for the last few years I had been sick so much, I get the shot every 4 months, well not any more. I do not chose to punish myself any longer. So, anyway, I spent Monday thru Thursday in bed, 3 of those days vomiting and unable to really eat anything. The good out of it was that from Monday to Thursday night I lost 3 pounds, not a great way to lose weight, but hey, I'll take it.

  Before getting sick, I continued working out to Sweatin to the Oldies 3. I plan on hopefully getting back into it by tomorrow if I am feeling stronger than I am today.

  In all since starting to get serious about all of this again I have lost 12 pounds. Due to gaining weight around Christmas and Thanksgiving, I was back at 242 pounds, and now I am at 230. I have faith this time that I will lose more. I am determined to do it before I have surgery and unable to exercise for a while. I am trying my best at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment