Sunday, June 23, 2013

Very hard day!!

This morning started out very bad! I woke at 6 am with a horrendous headache, probably the same as a migraine, but a chiari headache. I let the dog out took my 800mg of ibuprofen and 50mg of tramadol ( a nonnarcotic pain med that doesn't do much for me. A side note I don't like taking pain meds, but if I did want them I have 2 doctors that refuse to give me any. I went back to bed and did a lot of tossing and turning. The dog wanted back out at 9 am, this time I had to struggle to get myself up. My head was hurting so much worse, but I made myself get up. I took more of my meds, threw on some clothes, woke Jake up, and then went to feed the steer. When I got outside I totally understood why I felt the way I did. I must have missed something the weatherman said last night. It was cloudy and raining, this always makes my symptoms so much worse. When I returned home I did something so unlike me, I crawled back in bed. I slept on and off until 12:30. Mind you today I could have stayed in bed the whole day, and I very rarely do that. I forced myself to get out of bed. I again took more of my pain meds. I have even kept the volume off of my phone today so I didn't have to hear it vibrate.
Here is a list of chiari symptoms, of these symptoms here are the ones that effect me. Now it's not daily that I have these symptoms and I don't have them all at once. I have all the ones in the first part, all except 3 in the second section, but only 3 in the last part.


At 4 I took Troy to work then went to Elena's for dinner, just thank goodness I didn't have to cook. That brings up a topic that someone asked, but they were not serious about it, I just thought I would explain it. If any of you read my other blog cookingtogetherwithjake, you know we cook a lot of high calorie foods. The reason for this is Jake requires a high calorie diet to keep the weight on him that he has. If you don't know about Jake he has 2 rare life threatening diseases, one of which causes a form of anorexia, he also has food allergies. I am a single mom that works as a one on one aide, so I do not make a whole lot of money. I buy the foods Jake needs. His food is more important so I eat what will keep him "healthy". So, I have decided that instead of changing what I eat I would cut my portions. Which for those of you who know me know that I have never ate big portions of food. That is one thing that has always bothered me, some people think just because people are overweight they eat a lot, this is not true. Ok enough of that.

I came home tonight and managed to do 25 minutes, 5 miles, and burn 500 calories. Thank goodness it was a rest day on my crunch challenge. However tomorrow is 100 crunches, oh boy I can't wait for that....sarcasm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment