Monday, January 13, 2014

Gained 2 Pounds....Yuck!

The doctors scale confirmed that I gained 2 lbs. So, tomorrow I am going on a strict diet once again. He even told me that I shouldn't worry too much about losing weight until I take care of the chiari. But, I can see myself weighing 300 to 400 lbs, if I don't try to keep it off. I will just have to stay away from anything Jake cooks!

The doctor I saw today is new at the clinic that I go to. I saw him because my doctor is out until the 23rd and I needed some of my meds refilled before then. I really liked him,   my blood pressure was very high today. He asked if I was under any stress.  I mentioned I had just left work and had a bad day with my student , I also threw the chiari malformation out there and he knew all about it. He said he was going to go into neurology but decided that wasn't best for his family. He was shocked when he asked me how I was diagnosed and how long it took for me to see a neurosurgeon much less get a MRI. The only thing I didn't like was he told me I had to wait for my doctor to return before I can talk about getting a new sleep aid. That means a few weeks without sleep for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment