Monday, August 19, 2013

8/19/13

Today I figured I need to just ignore whatever is going on with my back because nothing is helping it at all. I sucked it up and did my crunches and leg lifts. As of today I can do 50 crunches/sit ups without stopping. I only did the 50 but I was proud of myself for being able to do that. I also did 20 leg lifts.

I thought I would share a scary moment with you that happened last night while cooking dinner. I was making twice baked potatoes. I had mixed all my ingredients together and it was pretty creamy, so I tasted it to make sure I had enough seasonings. I took 1 small bite and started choking. I just couldn't get it down. I coughed and tried clearing my throat for 1/2 hour. It scared me and scared Jake. He kept asking if it had went down the wrong way. It hadn't went down the wrong way it was just stuck in my throat. I tried drinking water and nothing was working. Finally I got it down but had a very scratchy throat and felt as if I had something stuck around the top of my chest the rest of the night. I even woke up this morning with a very sore throat. This is one of the many things that chiari can do to you. I have choked before on chips, crackers, rice, and fried foods. That is why I very rarely eat those things. I just never thought that I would choke on mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment